Let’s talk about what nobody wants to talk about. Sometimes the daily action just doesn’t act the way we’d like. All bound up, we seek relief. Whether an overburdened system, age, medications or other factors, everyone would like to rid themselves of constipation. Here’s a healthy recipe for helping to keep the rhythm moving along.
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup of oat bran (not oat meal; oat BRAN which is little tiny flakes)
3/4 cup of bran flakes (not All Bran Cereal, just the little flakes)
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce (yes cinnamon flavored is fine, but unsweetened)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin for about 11 muffins out of the 12
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them up well
- Use a big spoon and drop the mixture into greased muffin holders (I make 11 vs. 12 muffins with this much batter
- Pop in the oven and set your timer for 17 minutes.
- You can add raisins or chopped dates if you like…but they’re quite delicious like this
- Also if you like the taste, add a teaspoon of cinnamon