It is impossible to wish stress out of our lives. Stress reduction requires a daily plan of actions and an implementation strategy.
While the idea of a retreat high atop a mountain or a seashore far far away sounds wonderful…I don’t know about you, but that’s not likely to happen for me on a daily basis!
But what can happen for all of us? We can…
• Wake up and drink 2-4 glasses of water before caffeine so we don’t spike adrenaline and cortisol which are followed by a blood sugar/insulin blood drop
• Keep lists. We do this because it’s impossible to remember everything.
• Take a walk alone or with a friend.
• Find a quiet space, close our eyes and breathe for a minute or 20!
• Make sure we’re getting a variety of fruits & veggies so we’re getting a plethora of antioxidant vitamins & minerals.
• Pump it up! At a gym is one option, but everyone can buy some hand weights. They’re in abundance at yard sales of people who’ve caved to stress
• Play with an animal — your own or another’s
• Play music — sing, dance and play air drums, guitar or sax! Get into it
• IF you a) smoke, b) vape or c) drink more than a a glass or two of alcohol daily— neither a, b or c will help your stress.
• Social media wise? Visit your friends if you desire, but only if their online pages make you comfy. If tension, envy, comparisons or other emotions are triggered, find something that makes you laugh or smile and then shut down the tech and try a book
• Hug and or kiss someone
• Make a list of 10 things that are wonderful in your life
• Make a decaf tea, add some local honey and sip it
• Think about God or a higher being who is there to listen. Start a conversation.
• Write out anything bothering you, put it in the kitchen sink and light it on fire
• Have a cathartic cry.
• Take a warm bath or shower. Add some eucalyptus or peppermint oil.
• Take a nap and get a good night’s sleep.
• Declutter. Make a donation box. Fill it during the week and drop it with someone who needs it.
• Do a good deed…anonymously
Any or all, on a daily basis, are proven stress reducers. Let me know how you’re feeling or if you have another favorite to add to this list!
I’m @DianGriesel aka @SilverDisobedience the author of The Silver Disobedience Playbook ✨ I’m a Perception Analyst who shares my Daily Meditations for other Ageless, Passionate & Curious People. Modeling info @Wilhelminamodels —other info in my bio & on my websites. #wilhelminadirect #newyork #SilverDisobedience #wilhelminamodels #wilhelminamodelsmiami