Because I am often asked: Yes, silvery white is my natural hair color. And here’s my secret #DIY recipe that I use to keep my hair silvery white. I do this every two to three weeks. It rinses away the copper, sulfur and other chemicals that are naturally in water and cause that yellowish buildup:
- In a small jar, mix equal parts of 3% hydrogen peroxide, water and your favorite white-colored conditioner (or 1/3 hydrogen peroxide (3%), 1/3 water and 1/3 conditioner).
- Stir or shake up the mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to your clean, damp, unconditioned hair.
- Comb through the hair with a wide-toothed comb or pick. Leave on hair for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Repeat once every two weeks to prevent mineral buildup.
- Enjoy your whiter, shiny and very conditioned hair.
Disclaimer: I take zero responsibility for your personal outcome—particularly if you don’t follow directions or mistakenly decide “more is better” or if you leave this mixture on your hair for too long. Remember, it does use peroxide! So also note: The equal 1/3 is important. If you add more peroxide— your hair will get yellow and brittle!
Also and very important: It is not appropriate to do this until your hair is at least 85% silver, white or gray. Remember, the peroxide will lighten your other base color hair…and if it’s black? You’ll be sporting a bright orange!!!!
This is Silver Disobedience® philosophy. I’m @DianGriesel aka @SilverDisobedience ✨ A Perception Analyst who shares my Daily Meditations for other Ageless, Passionate & Curious People. Modeling info @Wilhelminamodels —other info in my bio & on my websites.