1. What is your name?
2. What is your age?
3. What kind of work do you do (or have you done)?
I started a small micro-enterprise with 5 women in Kenya that grew to over 300 women in 5 years. This is now part of a global social enterprise partnering with over 2000 artisans in 4 countries. (www.tradeforhope.com)
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
Historical tours, hiking, cooking with friends, ice-cream cones!
5. What excites you?
Historical tours, hiking, ice-cream cones! But on a more serious note, seeing people’s lives transformed when we take the time to pay attention to those around us.
6. What are your plans for this year? Next year? Next five years?
The best things that have happened to me have been unplanned.
7. What are some of your proudest achievements?
Living as a learner in different cultures around the world for almost 30 years. Designing and building my home in rural Kenya with local craftsman.
8. What is the best thing about being your age?
No hair dye! Not worrying so much about being noticed and still knowing who I am.
9. Why are you interested in the Silver Disobedience movement?
From the first post I read from Silver Disobedience, I felt a big sigh of relief – finally a space where people my age are taking the time to reflect and write about a very specific time of life. It’s a breath of fresh air n a world of sound-bytes. It resonates with who I am at this point in my journey and celebrating that with others is beautiful.
10. What advice would you give to other Silver Disobedience fans?
Confidence in contagious!
11. What should advertisers and businesses know about your age group?
We are informed, discerning and make choices that add value to ourselves and those around us.
12. What do younger people get wrong about people your age?
Take some time to know us. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
13. How is your outlook on life different today than it was in the past?
I think this African proverb sums it up nicely: Walk fast alone. Walk far with others.
14. What else would you like the world to know about you?
I learned to text at 40 – nothing is impossible!
Where can people find you on Social Media?
Facebook: April Foster. Instagram: othersusa