1. What is your name?
2. What is your age?
3. What kind of work do you do (or have you done)?
I am a Transpersonal Psychologist and author
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
Dancing, writing, recording music, traveling, cycling
5. What excites you?
Creating a new song or new book; being in nature.
6. What are your plans for this year? Next year? Next five years?
Traveling to Alaska, back to Crete, seeing the fall colors in New England; taking salsa and waltz classes; seeing my new great grandson; seeing another spring.
7. What are some of your proudest achievements?
Birthing my two children; being an award winning teacher; being published by Random House and Weiser Books; completing two vision quests; helping women clients become empowered.
8. What is the best thing about being your age?
How free I feel to be myself and do what I want.
9. Why are you interested in the Silver Disobedience movement?
I want to feel empowered as a Silver Citizen and help empower the rest of us. I detest ageism and how society desexualizes everyone over forty. I want to say “no” to these stereotypes and proclaim our power, wisdom and courage to the world!
10. What advice would you give to other Silver Disobedience fans?
Go for it! Be, do and have everything you dream of. Dream big, live large and have fun in the present moment. Be grateful, humble and in service, too.
11. What should advertisers and businesses know about your age group?
We control 70% of the disposable income in the U.S. We read. We buy books. We are the most affluent, powerful and resourceful population in America. We are not ready to sit in our recliners. We want to live fully, have fun, spend our money and enjoy life.
12. What do younger people get wrong about people your age?
They think we are done, finished, and ready to be discarded. Many do not take us seriously, dismiss our ideas and actually act disdainfully towards us at times. On the other hand, some of my younger clients revere me, see me as a wise elder and respect my wisdom and experience.
13. How is your outlook on life different today than it was in the past?
Now I am much more forgiving of myself and others. I am more relaxed, less judgmental and perfectionistic. I live much more in the present rather that dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. I am happier than ever.
14. What else would you like the world to know about you?
Everything I have written in all six books is to help empower others. I am not anyone’s teacher, healer or guru. i want everyone to be their own teacher, healer and guru. That is true empowerment.
Where can people find you on Social Media?
www.drsusanallison.com; #silvrsex on Twitter; google info. about me and my work.