No matter how old we get, there are certain characteristics that will always be in style, keep us aging gracefully and maintain our post-high-school popularity. 😉 Here are perennial favorites:
- Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
- Focus on pleasing yourself. While at first read that might sound arrogant—it’s not. If you’re focused on pleasing everyone else? You’ll become miserable or be perceived as controlling pretty quickly. Neither are popularity boosters!
- Maintain your sense of humor. A sure sign of getting old and crotchety is losing the ability to laugh.
- Share the love. The most priceless lesson of a long life is learning that love is limitless. Open up your heart and share your love with others.
- Maintain honesty and integrity…but keep it on the down-low. No need to feel the need to get in everyone’s face with arguments as if you’re arbiter of morality. Doing this is a surefire way to decrease your popularity and invites fast. Instead focus on doing the right thing, not chiming about it. Actions create leaders by example.
- Recognize that others want to be popular, too! Cheer on your family, friends, co-workers! Heck cheer on strangers! Sometimes we win. Sometimes we lose. Losing doesn’t diminish all the effort invested to playing the game.
- Be helpful. Remember: While the person you help may not be the one who helps you— life has an amazing way of balancing out good deeds.
Please let me know how your growing popularity is working out for you!
I’m @DianGriesel aka @SilverDisobedience ✨ A Perception Analyst who shares my Daily Meditations for other Ageless, Passionate & Curious People.