Because you asked…Yes, this is my natural hair color. And…Here’s my secret #DIY recipe that I use to keep my hair Silvery White. I do this every two to three weeks. It rinses away the copper, sulfur and other chemicals that are naturally in water and cause that yellowish buildup.
- In a small jar, mix equal parts of 3% hydrogen peroxide, water and your favorite white-colored conditioner. (Or 1/3 hydrogen peroxide (3%), 1/3 water, and 1/3 conditioner)
- Stir or shake up the mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to your clean, damp, non-conditioned hair.
- Comb through the hair with a wide-toothed comb or pick. Leave on hair for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Repeat once every two weeks to prevent mineral buildup.
- Enjoy your whiter, shiny and very conditioned hair.
Disclaimer: DO NOT do this until you are at least 90% silver! I take zero responsibility for your personal outcome—particularly if you don’t follow directions or mistakenly decide “more is better” and you leave this mixture on your hair too long. Remember, it does use peroxide…
#photography by @gk_lolla #photographer
Dian Griesel is an Entrepreneur, Chief Influencer at Silver Disobedience™ and an Icon Model at Wilhelmina Models and Aperture Talent
She is an active blogger on all aspects of life and the wonders of age and aging.
@DianGriesel @SilverDisobedience @WilhelminaModels @ApertureTalent
IF you like Silver Disobedience, please share it with your friends! We’ve got a great discussion going here for those over fifty; (over 50), the elderly according to society; seniors to some; just plain over 50 years old; fifty plus …or anyone alive and rocking life who simply wants to come to this party!