Often we begin a new year with resolutions of all we’re going to change. We pick a day and declare: Today I’m changing…whatever! Our intentions are good as we reflect and pick something(s) we’re determined to change or improve upon. Some of us even stick to our goals and reach them—which is fantastic!
I’d like to propose some simple resolutions that can be started any time…and easily maintained for the rest of our lives. These are attainable for all and they will increase life possibilities and feelings of confidence. Of course, feel free to raise your own personal bar.
- Wake and start your day with 2 big glasses of water. Your body dehydrated overnight. This one little change will improve your health.
- Eat a piece of fruit with your breakfast. The fiber, nutrition and sweetness will add greater satiation to your meal.
- Squeeze in 10 minutes of extra walking daily. Parking further away from the entry counts towards these minutes.
- For lunch and dinner, add 2 vegetables to your meal. Season them only with pepper or herbs. You’ll get used to the flavors and maybe start enjoying them! Salads, fresh, steamed or frozen all count.
- Smile at the first person you see each day. If it’s someone in your household, it will make your home more pleasant. If it’s a neighbor or stranger, you’ll both feel better as well.
- Choose to read something inspirational daily and think about it throughout the day. Try to make it a “practical” experience, in that you try practicing whatever the inspiration suggested.
Remember that resolutions are not intended to be a new form of self-flagellation. If you occasionally miss the mark, please don’t use it as a way to beat yourself up. Rather, return to this list. The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step. May this be your best year ever!
This is Silver Disobedience® philosophy. I’m @DianGriesel aka @SilverDisobedience ✨ A Perception Analyst who shares my Daily Meditations for other Ageless, Passionate & Curious People. More info in my bio & my websites.