You can model yourself lean. Overeating & eating junk starts in our heads when we think we “deserve” or “need” something. Despite best intentions, our mind doesn’t hear our body saying, “No thanks! I’m full.” Re-modeling our thinking starts with modeling behaviors we know will get us to a leaner healthier body.
Here are my favorite modeling diet tips.
• If you think you’re hungry, rinse your mouth with a minty mouthwash, with sorbitol as one of the ingredients. Sorbitol is a sweet sugar alcohol that sends a message to your brain that it’s not starving. If you’re still hungry after rinsing, eat…but at least you will have extended the time between meals because nothing tastes tempting right after mouthwash!
• Chew! Simple idea, but missed by most. Chewing takes time, allows the body to register that it’s getting fed & tires out your jaw!
• No shoveling food into your mouth until you have thoroughly chewed and swallowed the prior one.
• Bring your mind & body together. If you’re thinking about eating, rest your hands on your stomach, close your eyes and ask if you’re really hungry. Practicing this gets you in touch with real hunger vs. emotional and helps us realize that maybe we need to call a friend, walk, exercise or do something else besides eat.
• If you can’t understand why you are gaining weight or can’t lose excess fat—Keep a food log. Writing down everything we eat makes us aware of what’s junk or healthy, as well as volumes of good or not so great choices.
• Remember, maximum nutrition per calorie is the secret to a lean healthy body. Think: Fruits & vegetables for every meal so you get your nutrient load filled. This naturally results in hunger reduction. If your diet is low on nutritionally rich foods, you are going to always be hungry. The solution is simple: Eat more whole foods!
• If the meal is not fruits or veggies —think in terms of handfuls. If you could put all of the food on your plate into two handfuls—that’s about all a stomach can comfortably hold per meal. More is too much.
• Before grabbing food, have two glasses of water. Most often we are thirsty—not hungry. If you’re still hungry after drinking the H2O, choose something healthy.
• Own your bones! Bodies come in all different shapes and sizes based on bone structure & muscularity. Strut whatever is yours!
Model yourself lean & healthy!
PS: Remember with photos…it’s all about the angles! I’m not as tall as that building!
@DianGriesel is @SilverDisobedience #graytphilosophy More @WilhelminaModels @ApertureTalent #SilverDisobedience #DGIcomm #DGIwire #DGIPlatformance DianGriesel.com