1. What is your name?
2. What is your age?
3. What kind of work do you do (or have you done)?
I’ve been a legal assistant for over 20 years. I’ve also been a cake decorating and candy making instructor, a cross stitch design tester, a craft kit designer AND I got to be a stay at home mom.
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
I love to create stuff – cakes, cookies, and my current obsession – birdhouses. I also love to sing! I’m in a band with my husband and I cover Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt to name a couple.
5. What excites you?
Getting it right. Whether it’s at my work desk or at my crafting table, I absolutely love it when something comes together and it’s right. Singing on stage is a lot of fun, too – seeing people dance and sing along is a real kick!
6. What are your plans for this year? Next year? Next five years?
I’d like to see my birdhouses take off. I’ve developed a different sort of “look” that I don’t see anywhere else. Right now I’m making the craft show rounds on the weekends. There’s nothing better than getting paid to do something you enjoy! I’ll also keep working toward retirement – work interferes with my life! I’d also like to work towards more opportunities to sing. This next year, I also want to nail the chaturanga pose- it still eludes me…
7. What are some of your proudest achievements?
Staying married for 34 years…we almost didn’t but we worked hard and did it. We’re both so much better for the hard times we got through.
8. What is the best thing about being your age?
I like the person I’ve become. I’m stronger and healthier than I’ve ever been. Im a high functioning introvert but I’m more confident than I’ve ever been. I also looove being a Nana!
9. Why are you interested in the Silver Disobedience movement?
I like how you encourage “us” to get out there and live life. Just because we’ve been around awhile doesn’t mean we’re winding down! Your articles remind us to keep moving, keep creating, keep loving and to stay strong!
10. What advice would you give to other Silver Disobedience fans?
Never stop planning. Make your lists, plan your trips, look forward to what’s next. I’d much rather go out with some things left undone than while away my days with nothing.
11. What should advertisers and businesses know about your age group?
Many of us ARE tech savvy. Even if we aren’t, don’t market to us like we’re stupid. For many of us, our “inside selves” are still in our twenties…don’t forget that!
12. What do younger people get wrong about people your age?
That we’re done. They dont realize that many of the hopes, plans, dreams and desires they have now will still be in their hearts 30 years from now. They just can’t imagine that I guess.
13. How is your outlook on life different today than it was in the past?
I’m less concerned about what others think about me. I like the me I am now and I really like being where I’m at. If I were offered the chance to go back in time, I’d say No Way!
14. What else would you like the world to know about you?
Don’t believe everything you’ve heard…