1. What is your name?
2. What is your age?
3. What kind of work do you do (or have you done)?
former newspaper reporter/writer, radio and TV production, stay-at-home mom
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
reading, writing, music, cooking, wine, calligraphy, photography, travel, thrift store exploration, community theatre
5. What excites you?
great recipes, good friends, a beach front cottage, visiting new places
6. What are your plans for this year? Next year? Next five years?
My plan for all of the above is to defy statistics, BEAT CANCER, and savor every minute of this precious life! Along the way, I would like to discover more of myself and find a direction for my writing.
7. What are some of your proudest achievements?
My four incredible children, who have grown into such loving, supportive, creative adults.
8. What is the best thing about being your age?
I have earned enough self confidence to trust myself and not be concerned with what others may think.
9. Why are you interested in the Silver Disobedience movement?
We have so much valuable experience to share with each other.
10. What advice would you give to other Silver Disobedience fans?
Celebrate life!! Value and cherish every day, even the seemingly bad ones. Watch or read “Our Town,” and remember to appreciate even the most mundane moments of everyday life.
11. What should advertisers and businesses know about your age group?
We are smart, savvy, and expect quality.
12. What do younger people get wrong about people your age?
We are not decrepit or totally set in stone. We can still learn, grow, and evolve in our opinions.
13. How is your outlook on life different today than it was in the past?
I have a deep and true appreciation for who I am and the life with which I have been blessed.
14. What else would you like the world to know about you?
I was diagnosed Dec. 30, 2017 with Stage IV colorectal cancer. Battling like a warrior!
Where can people find you on Social Media?