Can we heal our past hurts? Yes. We all have a miraculous ability to heal if we choose to mobilize our healing powers to rebirth ourselves into greater strength and peacefulness regarding any situation.
There are five necessities that we must align in order to heal ourselves and positively move forward.
1) We have to relax. The opposite of relaxed is anxious and anxiousness obstructs healing. This is why I regularly remind us all to stop and breathe. Anxiety can actually strengthen the hurt. It’s like we’ve lock ourselves in a dark room. Breathing deeply allows us to let the air and sunshine back in. Stopping to close our eyes and breathe deeply and evenly is the first step to healing any hurt.
2) We have to truly desire to be healed. We need to embrace the positive, deep, heartwarming desire to have our wounds be healed. To rid ourselves of the weight we’ve been carrying. To really feel deeply in our hearts how our world would be so much better if we released the hurt.
3) Faith that we can be healed is essential. We have to practice believing with every part of us that power is flowing through us that wants us to be healthy in every way and at peace. We can practice our faith: Believing that something bigger than us wants us to be whole, peaceful and full of love towards ourselves, first, and ultimately others.
4) We need to “see” how our relationships could be different without the hurt. This is where we bring in our powerful imagination to see not what’s wrong —but all that is right. To heal by wanting more of all that is good and encouraging it. Imagining having more of what we want and need. Seeing ourselves whole and empowered.
5) We must forgive and release. Holding onto hurt, hurts the holder. We can bring our desire, faith, vision and breath together to forgive and release. I’m not saying it’s easy. Life is a big daily practice of all of the above. We’re tested on a regular basis. Yet the greatest achievement? Is to consciously do the work that allows us to be whole and healed.
I’m @DianGriesel aka @SilverDisobeI’m @DianGriesel aka a perception analyst & strategist; creative attitude disrupter & adjuster; author of The Silver Disobedience Playbook & TurboCharged: The Silver Disobedience Edition; and the blogger & model known as @SilverDisobedience More info on my websites (search my name) and at Wilhelmina Models. Silver Disobedience® is a Registered Trademark.