Everyone visits Funky Town at some point. I’m not talking about “Uptown Funk” where Mr. Mars grooves: I’m talking about tough times when we really need to get ourselves out of the mental muck.
Here’s a list of 10 things to get your mojo back when it seems to be hanging in the wrong neighborhood:
- Get out of your house and closely observe the scenery outside your home. Say “hi” to strangers you pass.
- Take a brisk walk. Go as fast as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. See #1 about saying “hi!”
- Volunteer to do something for someone else.
- Call a friend to meet in person. Together, leisurely enjoy a coffee or tea and some cookies.
- Wake up early enough to watch a sunrise.
- Read a good fiction short story in whatever genre you like.
- Listen for 10 minutes to classical music like Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Chopin. Try to identify as many instruments as you can.
- Turn on the music and dance for 10 minutes all by yourself. Get your groove on.Listen to “Uptown Funk” or “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars; flick your hair and dance!
- Take a drive in a car and sing stadium-loud to whatever song you like. Channel your inner rock star…or Sinatra!
- Learn a new vocabulary word and try to use it throughout the day.
Copyright Silver Disobedience 2022