Sonoma, California is known for its unique history, bucolic scenery, and world-class wines. With more than 425 wineries in the area, according to SonomaCounty.com, there are many delicious wines to choose from – whether looking for a bottle to add to a collection, to open on a special occasion or to enjoy with some dinner or cheese. Here are a few favorites that have been shown to impress:
- Kinsella Estates 2016 Heirloom Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon was recently rated “97+” by Jeb Dunnuck, noting that its “a deep purple color is followed by a rock star bouquet of blackberries, black cherries, graphite, chocolate, and mineral aromas and favors.” The review continues by says “it’s deep, full-bodied, straight-up seamless, and perfectly balanced on the palate.” This results in “a beautiful wine that will keep for over two decades.”
- Kenwood Vineyards NV Blanc de Blancs made the list of the “100 Best Sonoma Wines 2018” by Sonoma Magazine, which noted that a hint of yeastiness in the background adds complexity and boosts the mouthfeel.
- Also on the same list is the Roth Estate 2016 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc. The publication highlighted that that the “fermentation in stainless-steel tanks preserves the palate-cleansing vibrancy of this fine-value wine.”
- The Gundlach Bundschu 2017 Estate Vineyard Gewürztraminer was given 92 points by Wine Enthusiast. The review described this wine as a “perennially lovely white” which “is fragrant and varietal, lush in white peach, lychee and vanilla.”
- Another wine from Kinsella Estates, the 2016 Kinsella Jersey Boys Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, is also highly rated, scoring a “95” by Jeb Dunnuck, who noted that “it’s another 2016 that offers incredible quality.” And that “it too is ideal for drinking over the coming 10-15 years.”
So no matter if its red, white or bubbly, Sonoma can offer palate-pleasers for each style and price point.
(c) 2019 Silver Disobedience Inc.