If your primary antioxidants have been coming from coffee, wine & chocolate and if you’ve been sitting around a bit more than usual, here is a reminder of tips that will instantly improve your health, energy & attitude. They are easy to do, and as you add each your feelings of confidence about new possibilities will increase as well.
Whether we’re trying to improve our health, attitude or both, consistency is most important. When we go overboard with anything, we’re more likely to quit. It’s also important to remember that if you miss on your daily intention, don’t use it as a way to beat yourself up. Just go back to this list and start again.
- Wake and start your day with two to four big glasses of water. Your body dehydrated overnight and this one little change will improve your health. Hydrated bodies are significantly less likely to get sick from anything. (YES, I really do build my immunity drinking from NYC fountains and it’s never hurt me at all! And @richkissi who snapped this candid can confirm it!)
- Eat a piece of fruit with your breakfast. The fiber, nutrition & sweetness will add greater satiation to your meal.
- Get walking! Take intentional walks, take stairs, squeeze in extra walking throughout your day by parking farther away from the entry. Every minute on your feet builds stronger legs which helps circulation and balance.
- Find other ways to keep moving. Housecleaning, gardening, car washing all count!
- For lunch + dinner, add two vegetables to your meal. Eat them plain. You’ll get used to the flavors and maybe start enjoying them! Salads, fresh, steamed or frozen all count- just skip commercially prepared dressings.
- Smile at the first person you see each day. If it’s someone in your household, it will make your home more pleasant. If it’s a neighbor or stranger, you’ll both feel better as well.
- Choose an inspirational idea to think about throughout the day. Try to make it a “personal practical” experience. I post new ideas every day on this page.
Silver Disobedience® philosophy believes all healthy relationships begin with self-awareness. I’m @DianGriesel aka @SilverDisobedience ✨ I am a Perception Analyst and I wrote The Silver Disobedience Playbook. Here, I share my Daily Meditations for other Ageless, Passionate & Curious People. More info in my bio, my websites and at Wilhelmina New York.