Often we begin a new year with resolutions about all we’re going to change. Sometimes we just pick a day and declare: Today I’m changing Whatever!
We begin with good intentions. We reflect on our habits, life, actions and pick something(s) we’re determined to adjust or improve upon. Some of us even stick to our goals and reach them—which is fantastic!
While I think resolutions are a good personal challenge, I also think they can be ways we beat up ourselves. I’d like to propose some simple resolutions that you can start anytime—and that are reachable for all, and that can increase possibilities and feelings of confidence. Of course, you can raise your own personal bar, but if you occasionally miss the mark please don’t use it as a way to belittle yourself. Rather, go back to this list. The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step.
- Wake and start your day with two big glasses of water. You dehydrated overnight and this one little change will improve your health.
- Eat a piece of fruit with your breakfast. The fiber, nutrition and sweetness will add greater satiation to your meal.
- Squeeze in 10 minutes of extra walking daily. Parking farther away from the entry counts toward these minutes.
- For lunch and dinner, add two vegetables to your meal. Eat them plain. You’ll get used to the flavors and maybe start enjoying them! Yes, salads, fresh, steamed or frozen all count.
- Smile at the first person you see each day. If it’s someone in your household, it will make your home more pleasant. If it’s a neighbor or stranger, you’ll both feel better as well.
- Choose an inspirational quote and think about it throughout the day. Try to make it a “practical” experience. I post new ideas daily at SilverDisobedience.Rocks
I’m @DianGriesel aka a perception analyst & strategist; creative attitude disrupter & adjuster; author of The Silver Disobedience Playbook & TurboCharged: The Silver Disobedience Edition; and the blogger & model known as @SilverDisobedience More info on my websites (search my name) Silver Disobedience® is a Registered Trademark