There is plenty in life we can’t control. When things feel out of control, it is helpful to focus & act on those things we can control. Here are 13 things you can do right now to feel more in control of your life and get a grip.
- Send an email, text or make a call to someone just to say, “I love you.”
- Stand up, stretch and take a really deep breath. Do this for at least a minute.
- Prioritize your “To Do” list.
- Hand write a few Thanks-Giving cards to people you are thankful to have in your life. Send them by mail.
- Identify one small, yet significant way you can make a difference in someone’s life. Then do it.
- If necessary, be the first to forgive.
- Text any teenager you know and tell them that you believe in them. Remind them of their strengths.
- Follow through on all your urges to be generous.
- Make healthy food choices for most or all of the day.
- Clean out and organized your junk drawer.
- Buy the best present you can afford for a teenage boy for one of the upcoming Holiday Toy Drives because teen boy presents are the items least donated item toy drives.
- Say just the word, “No” (period) to any unreasonable requests.
- If you’re worrying, ask yourself if the worry is within your control. If it isn’t remind yourself to focus on what you can control and go back to the top of this list!
I’m @DianGriesel a Perception Analyst aka @SilverDisobedience and the author of The Silver Disobedience Playbook: 365 Inspirations for Living and Loving Agelessly. I share my Daily Meditations for other Ageless, Passionate & Curious People here. Direct Modeling inquiries to Wilhelmina Models NY. More info on my website link in bio. #SilverDisobedience